Effective date: 23 March 2023
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, the St. Cloud Police Department) are called “first-party cookies.” Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third-party cookies.” Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., like advertising, interactive content, and analytics).
- To enable certain functions of the Website
- To provide analytics
- To store your preferences
- To personalize content and ads
- To authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts
We use both session cookies (which expire when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device until they expire, or you delete them).
The cookies we use may include:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the Website to function properly, and they cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so that we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases, selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
Please note that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.